Thursday, February 8, 2007

Snow Pretty!

At last, winter has arrived in the Netherlands and brought us snow. Just an inch or so, but I'm happy as everything looks so pretty right now. We don't have snow all that often so I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Here's a picture of my south facing border and one of the birdbath that was also on display the day before yesterday with my lovely Hellebore orientalis.
Have you seen but a bright lily grow
Before rude hands have touched it?
Have you marked but the fall o' snow
Before the soil hath smutched it?
Ben Jonson,

Celebration of Charis, IV

3 comments:

Colin and Carol said...

Hi Yolanda, Winter has finally reached us too! Hope the snow doesn't outstay it's welcome.

Good luck with the blog we will try to visit your page and see your garden through the seasons.

firefly said...

What lovely photos of your garden all throughout the month of February, and what a beautiful garden you have. I love the colors (blue is my favorite!) and the layout is really inviting -- makes me wish I could step into the pictures as through a looking glass.

We have snow here in Maine too, but it's a little deeper than the pictures here (about 8 inches) so I feel as though I'm seeing spring on your blog!

Unknown said...

lovely winter pics; I like this little footprints in the front...

looking forward to follow your garden
Gerti