Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Still Glowin' and Crowin'

I said hello, Dolly, ...... well, hello, Dolly

It's so nice to have you back where you belong
You're looking swell, Dolly, I can tell. Dolly
You're still glowin' .... you're still crowin', ... you're still growing strong
My glorious girl is 12 today! Happy Birthday Dolly Daisy, long may you continue to glow, crow, grow and delight us!
My sweet Dolly who has the most easy going and sweet tempered disposition ever!
Who is such great fun, always in for a lark and little surprises
Who loves being outside in the garden and help me with my gardening
Who is such a firm favourite with all the other members of the Bliss team
Dolly in the garden with Delia and Pippa
Dolly having lunch in the conservatory with her Mum Vita, Kadootje, Merlin, Sam and Pippa
Dolly, who was such a wonderful and loving Mum to her 5 kittens
Who is the love of Merlin's life, although his love is sadly not reciprocated; she merely tolerates him
Dolly who loves snuggling up close to me at night,
and who is always able to find a ray of sunshine on even the dullest day
I feel the room swaying ... while that ole band keeps playing (and you can feel and hear it too if you've clicked the vid)
One of your old favourite songs from way back when
So..., golly gee, fellas ... I said find her an empty knee, fellas
Dolly will never go away, Dolly will never go away,
I said Dolly will never go away again!!!!
Do the hands thingy and take a bow. Now that was fun, wasn't it, and all thanks to our Darling Dolly Daisy and in celebration of her twelfth birthday. Hope this post had you swaying, and dancing, and singing! Let's do it one more time, shall we?

I said hello, Dolly, ..... well hello Dolly

copyright 2009 Y.E.W. Heuzen

26 comments:

Cat with a Garden said...

A very Happy Birthday, Dolly!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a happy uplifting post on this (here) gloomy rainy day. I do hope that Dolly has many more Happy Birthdays. She is such a beautiful lady.

nikkipolani said...

A big birthday kiss to the pretty Dolly!

Monica the Garden Faerie said...

Orange cats are the best. My James is also sweet and loving. He says hello to Dolly!

Unknown said...

happy puurrrthday dolly! i'm cheesy, sorry! What a cute bunch of kitties!

Curmudgeon said...

What a gloriously bushy tail Miss Dolly Daisy does have!

Yan said...

Happy birthday Dolly you gorgeous girl.

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Happy birthday, Dolly!

Green thumb said...

Happy Birthday Dolly Daisy! Now that's the best looking birthday gal I've seen in a long long time.

Marian said...

Zo! Dat is nog eens een verjaardagsblogje, Dolly Daisy loopt nu nog te glimmen van trots,
tussen het verven door krijg je van ons een stevige verjaardagsknuffel!

Gail said...

She is a beautiful darling of a kitty cat. I hope she didn't overindulge in kitty kibble for her birthday~~gail

Flighty said...

Just delightful! xx

easygardener said...

Happy birthday to Dolly - she is very at ease with the camera. Love that tail - looks like it has a life of its own!

A wildlife gardener said...

What a fitting tribute to a beautiful and good-natured kitty-cat...happy birthday, Dolly :)

miss m said...

My JJ sends his best to the beautiful birthday girl !

Fun post ! Dolly is adorable and so is her mum Vita. (I'm gaga over Vita).

HappyMouffetard said...

Happy birthday to Dolly. I will now have that song in my head for the rest of the evening!

Hannele på Hisingen said...

Happy Halloween to Dolly

Libby said...

Happy birthday Dolly! My boy Tango is 12 and sadly he has slowed and sleeps an awful lot of the time but then he probably had more fights than you!

Dee/reddirtramblings said...

Happy Birthday Dolly. I showed your beautiful photos to my youngest, Bear. She thought you were beautiful.~~Dee

Matron said...

Happy Birthday Dolly! That is one amazing tail!

Andrea said...

Happy birthday to a beautiful cat!
Stella is not happy about the rain we are having today since she can't visit the fields around the house. She does not like wet paws.
Have a great week! Andrea

Monica the Garden Faerie said...

Hi Yolanda, Your twitter account has been hacked into--I got a direct message from "you" about checking out a video. You must change your password. (This happened to me a couple of weeks ago.)

healingmagichands said...

Dolly is a stunning red head! I surely enjoyed this post.

Di said...

Cute pictures!! I love this cats!

Annie in Austin said...

Of all the cats tumbling around garden blogs, Dolly is the only one I'm tempted to swipe and bring home, Yolanda. No chance of that, so sure hope she has many more happy years with you!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Tree Service said...

nice pics! love the first one :) so cute